Sat 3rd Sept
ferry. met Aidan with cycling group include A. Brady. Dinner in Le Fleurie restaurant. comfortable berth.
Drove 860kms. south. Weather good 24c in the Dordogne. Arrived 19.30. gite comfortable. boeuf bourgignon and frites. Pat callled in to brief us until 01.30 Slept well
Shopping at Le Clerc. lunch at Montfort. drove to Gourdon. parked car and cycled 63kms to Cahors and back. home late 21 30. slept well
breakfast in the gite off to Carlux. bought meat. Had a pichet of red. Drove to Gourdon and cycled 36kms to Rocamadour. Dinner in “The Orange Tree”
Took Ben off for piza and cycling at Carsac Aillac. Back for BBQ en famille.
Sarlat and cycle shop. Raglan for chapeaux and jewellry. Beynac where we visited Thomas and dined at La Petite Tunnelle.
Looked after site. Dined in Proissans
Cycled into Sarlat for Market. Cycles stolen and reported to Gendarmes. Missed Ben’s birthday party.
Watched rugby in Montfort. Went to Pech de Malet. Had lunch with Jan and Liesbeth. Went on to their house for more drinks.
Went down to Puy-L’Eveque. Bought some wine and glasses. Went on to Cahors along the Lot for dinner in the square
Canoe on river. Carsac to la Roque Gageac. Dinner with Jan and Liesbeth.
Breakfast in village beyond Carlux. Ben to prehistoric park. BBQ chez nous.
Visit to Gourdon to pick up some wine and then on to Rocamadour for lunch and a super visit. Back to pack.
Early start 07.00. Arrived Roscoff. Uneventful journey. Stormy crossing.
Arrived in Cork. Calm and bright.
- dozens of people followed me and 18 people unfollowed me // automatically checked by fllwrs.comOnwards and Upwards 6 hours ago
- Richard Dunne claims he was called an 'Irish c***' by Chelsea fans during his playing days - Independent.ie independent.ie/sport/soccer/r…Onwards and Upwards 13 hours ago
- The latest The Four Faced Liar! paper.li/Rod1015/134461… #bigpharma #bdsOnwards and Upwards 13 hours ago
- CJ Stander expecting 'spicy' clash in Castres as he recovers from 'dip' in form - Independent.ie independent.ie/sport/rugby/ch…Onwards and Upwards 1 day ago
- The latest The Four Faced Liar! paper.li/Rod1015/134461… #video #banksOnwards and Upwards 1 day ago
Retired professional, gym fit cyclist, cooking buff, eternal optimist who enjoys the Irish Times with a good mocha and occasional Tweet, - residing in Cork.
- Published photos April 11, 2018
- Published Photographs February 4, 2017
- A poem by Geraldine on the occasion of my birthday 01/07/15. July 7, 2015
- The Lusitania March 28, 2015
- The Independent Man March 17, 2015
- 1,075 hits